Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Zealand (post 1)

My sister Susie and I went to visit our sister Tenley in New Zealand. It was the middle of May which is the end of their fall season, and the weather was very cold (which was a major shock for me since it was so hot in Arizona when I left). We spent most of our time in Christchurch (where my sister lives) but also took a day trip to Akaroa and a three day trip out to the west coast. The pictures below are from Christchurch and Akaroa.

Our first stop: the sign of the kiwi in Christchurch

The port of Christchurch

Beach on the one sunny day in Christchurch

View of Akaroa on the drive down

Akaroa (there is a really good fish & chips place there)

Castle Rock

The sheep at Castle Rock (they kept walking back
and forth then stopping to pose for pictures)

Tenley's little kitty Foxy

Foxy sure knows where the warmest spot in the house is!

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger George said...

So, how cold is New Zealand cold? I mean, you wear sweaters in Arizona...

The rolling green hills of Akora look amazing! And Castle Rock does remind me of Chiricahua Nat'l Park. Kinda spooky. New Zealand is definitely on the list of places to visit. Now if they only had budget flights...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home